Medical Assistant CC
Health Sciences Department | C.C. Certificate of Completion | One year
Work alongside physicians in medical offices to provide care and education to patients with the Medical Assistant certificate from Clackamas Community College.
Medical Assistant Application Submittal Update
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the college remaining closed through Spring Term, the Allied Health Admissions Team has implemented the following plan for submittal of 2020-2021 applications:
Applicants should mail in their completed application packets postmarked no later than 4 p.m., May 15, 2020 to ATTN: Allied Health Admissions, CCC Harmony Campus, 7738 SE Harmony Road, Milwaukie, OR 97222.
A complete application is defined as one that contains the application with all supporting or required documents and officially sealed transcripts. Transcripts are not to be submitted electronically and CCC transcripts are not required but enter CCC in the "Previous Colleges Attended" section on the application.
Medical assistants are invaluable members of the healthcare world. They fulfill many administrative and clinical roles in a growing market. The Medical Assistant certificate will provide you the expertise needed for entering the medical field, including human anatomy and physiology, clinical lab procedures, medication calculation and biology.
The Clackamas Community College Medical Assistant program reports a CMA (AAMA) certification exam pass rate of 100% over the past five-year average. The job placement rate for students graduating in 2016 is 88.89%.
The Clackamas Community College, Medical Assistant exam passage rate for the 2017 graduates is 100%.
Medical Assistant Prerequisites
Complete the Following
- Medical Terminology
Medical Assistant Core Requirements
Complete BI-120, or BI-101 & BI-102, or BI-231 & BI-232 & BI-233
- General Biology; Cellular Biology
- General Biology; Animal Systems
- Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- Human Anatomy & Physiology III
Complete the Following
- Medical Office Practices
- Phlebotomy for Medical Assistants
- Phlebotomy for Medical Assistants Lab
- Introduction to Medications
- Clinical Lab Procedures I
- Clinical Lab Procedures I Lab
- Examination Room Techniques
- Examination Room Techniques Lab
- Medical Assistant Practicum
- Clinical Lab Procedures II
- Clinical Lab Procedures II Lab
- Insurance & Health Information Management
- Introduction to Developmental Psychology
Computation Related Instruction
- Medication Calculations for Medical Assistants
Communication Related Instruction
Complete WR-101 or WR-121 (preferred)
- Communication Skills: Occupational Writing
- English Composition
Human Relations Related Instruction
- Human Relations